If you run any type of business online then you should hire a virtual assistant to grow your business. In this post we will take a look at how any small online business including solo entrepreneurs can utilize the services of virtual assistants to help their business grow. No matter what type of business you run.
The Problems With Growing A Small Business
As a sole business owner it can be hard to stay on top of everything as your business grows. In fact, trying to take on every task yourself could potentially be stopping your business from growing. This is because you won’t have all the time necessary to dedicate to each area of the business. It is much better to focus fully on one thing and do it well than try to take on many tasks at once.
When you have built and run an online business all on your own, naturally it will be hard for you to hand over running parts of it to somebody else. After all, you are the one that has likely spent countless hours and your own money spent in building it up. As good as a business owner as you are, it is unlikely you have expertise in every area of business.
For example, you may be able to build a high functioning website from scratch but not have much sales skills. Somebody that is good at dealing with customers may not have the required financial knowledge to keep the books effectively. By covering all the day to day tasks, you don’t allow yourself the necessary time to focus on your strategic business objectives.
This is why sometimes it’s important to take a step back. Analyse where your strengths and weaknesses lie and identify areas of your business that could be improved by hiring an expert in that field.
This is why hiring a virtual assistant could improve your business – you can cover any skills gaps and allow yourself time to focus on your own key strengths. We’ll discuss below exactly what is a virtual assistant. Also, we’ll look at the advantages of hiring a virtual assistant and where can you hire one.
What Is A Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant is an independent worker hired to provide business support services remotely for small businesses. Virtual assistants are commonly associated with carrying out basic admin roles such as typing and answering calls etc.
A virtual assistant can be used for these admin roles, but there are also many highly qualified people that can be hired for other essential online services. These are services including web development, social media management, marketing, video editing and much more.
Need to register your business? Find the easiest & fastest way to incorporate your business
Virtual Assistant Benefits
There are many virtual assistant benefits for your business, including the following;
- Large talent pool due to no geographical barriers
- Lower costs as you will not need to provide office space or equipment.
- As they are independent contractors, you only pay for the hours that work is carried out. You don’t have to cover sick pay, maternity, vacation or any other employee benefits.
- Greater flexibility as you can hire from around the world. Meaning you have availability of talent 24/7 to suit any business need you have. An assistant can be hired on a part time or full time basis for the number of hours required.
- Free up your time by reducing your workload and lowering stress, allowing you to concentrate on strategic business objectives.
- Plugs any skills gaps you have in carrying out certain tasks
- Make your business more efficient – calls, emails, social media messages etc will be answered much more quickly. This can improve customer engagement by having an assistant dedicated to these tasks.
- Improvements to business practices can be identified through collaboration with others. They may be able to identify and discuss with you better ways of doing something.
- Providing a quality service. Virtual assistants have their own reputation to uphold in order to be hired for work. So they are fully committed to proving a productive, quality service and upholding your business’ reputation and values.
What Type Of Business Can Use A Virtual Assistant?
It doesn’t matter what type of business you run, whether it is a dropshipping store or a traditional bricks and mortar store, you can benefit when you hire a virtual assistant.
It doesn’t matter what size your business is – large or small, a virtual assistant could make all the difference. In fact hiring a virtual assistant for small business could really help you achieve that next level growth you have been seeking by freeing up more of your time to focus.
You could hire a virtual assistant with expertise in online marketing and social media. Then use them to run your social media channels and marketing campaigns to improve your conversions. You can then focus on other important areas such as financials, inventory etc.
Where Can I Hire A Virtual Assistant?
Now you have seen what a virtual assistant is and what advantages they can bring to your business, let’s look at where you can hire a remote assistant. RemoteCo connects entrepreneurs and small businesses with employees based in Latin America. The advantages to this are;
- Workers able to work for competitive salaries
- Workers with a high proficiency in English
- Extensive knowledge of western business practices
- Able to work within US business hours
One of the major advantages to hiring a virtual assistant from Latin America rather than other regions is that the time zones are aligned with core US business hours. In addition to being highly qualified along with proficiency in English and competitive salaries, makes them more attractive to hire.
RemoteCo have a network of highly qualified professionals available to hire that can help take your business to the next level. Expert services are offered in;
- Administration & Data Entry
- Customer Service
- Social Media Management
- WordPress Developers
- Content Writers
- SEO Specialists
- & Much More
More Advantages Of RemoteCo
RemoteCo allow you to hire a virtual assistant without any commission or subscription fees. You are able to post a job free of charge. Either post jobs or just search for available workers.
Message workers directly through the platform, you can hire both full and part time remote workers. Workers can list their availability and salary requirements which can be negotiated directly with them along with the payment method. There are subscriptions for extra features that can be upgraded to later as required.
Every worker that registers on the site is hand vetted by RemoteCo. So you can be sure they are trustworthy and qualified for the job. They are also given an English proficiency exam when they register to ensure they have the right English fluency.
Hire A Virtual Assistant Conclusion
As we’ve seen there are lots of virtual assistant benefits to hiring one for your business. No matter what stage of growth you are in, a VA can help relieve you from basic or routine duties to free up your time to focus on your business development and strategy.
We’ve taken a look into using RemoteCo to hire quality, low cost assistants from Latin America. An alternative option is to hire a virtual assistant through a freelancing platform such as Fiverr. Both are good options when looking to hire a virtual assistant for small business.
View more business resources and articles on our blog and join our newsletter to receive all our latest content.